Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October Fermentation Friday - “Remember why we brew?”

Hi all,

Welcome to my post for the October session of Fermentation Friday hosted by CNYBrew. This months topic "Remember why we brew" made me really think why do I brew. Well I brew for the love the beer. What better way to learn about my favorite beverage then to make it myself. I have tried hundreds of different beers from all over the country and world. While drinking many of these beers I always wondered how did they get that great citrus aroma or that great chocolate taste. I had to find out for myself so I started brewing. I just started out with something simple a nice amber ale due to the fact that I felt an amber ale has a little of everything that is good in the beer world. Good hop and malt flavors of aroma but not overly powerful in any one area. It was amazing to drink your first beer your drink. It may be good or it may be bad but its yours. Once you pop open your first beer and try it you realize there is a whole new world available to you. You can add as much hops you want, you can make it as strong or as weak as you want, you can add any kind of fruit, spice, or herb that you want. Its your beer! Heck you can even make someone elses beer but its still your beer.

So why do I brew! I brew cause I want to make my beer. I want to take the best of what I like from each beer I taste to possibly create the perfect beer. Is it possible to make the perfect beer? I don't know but I am sure going to try. That is why I brew!!

Thanks again to CNYBrew for hosting this month. See you all next month!!

Matt C.
GISBREWMASTER