Sunday, September 20, 2009

Beer Review #44 - Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Hi Guys,

I know its been a while but here it is. Who would have thought a 7 month old would suck all the energy out of you. Rather then drink a beer and write I much prefer to drink a beer and relax. But don't worry I know that if I am truly going to be the famous beer writer that I know will happen (yeah right) then I have to post. Like I stated in my last post I hope to do one review a week and go from there. On to the Rogue Dead Guy review.

Appearance - The Dead Guy pours a nice copper color with a great head. The head leaves a nice lacing on the side of the glass.

Aroma - The Dead Guy has a good hint of pine and maybe a hint of citrus from the hops. This is well balanced with hints of caramel from the malt.

Taste - All the flavors in the aroma come through in the taste of the Dead Guy but I feel the malt has a slight lead in the taste.

Mouthfeel - The Dead Guy has a nice light to medium mouthfeel. The carbonation caries everything throughout the mouth.

Drinkability - This is what I call a good all year beer. It has enough body for the cool months but is light enough for the summer.

Welcome back all see you next time.

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: