Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beer Review #40 - Avery Maharaja

Hi All,

Welcome to my 40th beer review this year. I thought I would bust out something special and by special I mean hoppy. I am sharing this supposedly hoppy beast with the wife. Lets see how it goes!! On to the review.

Appearance - The Maharaja pours a beautiful golden color. The head is long lasting with a lot of lacing on the glass.

Aroma - The Maharaja hop aroma has hints grapefruit and pine. Smells rather tasty.

Taste - The Maharaja's taste is just what I was expecting after smelling that aroma. This is a major hop bomb. There is great bitterness with tastes of grapefruit,pine, grass, and orange.

Mouthfeel - The Maharaja has a very full mouthfeel. The carbonation carries all the flavors around the palate.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable but at 10.25%. I wouldn't drink more then one unless you are chilling at home watching a movie or something. Then have a few.

Thank you for joining me on my 40th review hope to be doing many more.

See you next time!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: