Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beer Review #39 - Wayne's Hex Nut Ale

Hi,

Here is my review of my buddy Wayne's Hex Nut Ale. This is my second review of his.

Pour - The HNA's pour was a deep brown with a almond color long lasting head.

Aroma - The malt comes through on the aroma in the HNA. There are hints of chocolate and roast. A small amount of hop flavor is also in the nose.

Taste - The malt comes through on the taste of the HNA but instead of chocolate like in the aroma I get coffee and a little caramel.

Mouthfeel - The HNA has a light mouthfeel with good carbonation.

Drinkability - The HNA is a good drinkable beer. I feel this would be a good transition beer from winter to spring or summer to fall.

My only suggestion would be to maybe give it a little more mouthfeel (thickness) From everything you said you are try to hit style and it may be a little light for a brown ale. I am just being picky cause I really liked it and you wanted suggestions. Keep up the great brewing Wayne!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: