Thursday, May 28, 2009

May Fermentation Friday - Brewday Joy & Stress

Hi All,

Welcome to this months fermentation friday hosted by Ted at Ted's Homebrew Journal. This month topic has 2 parts. The first part is Joy or your favorite part of home brewing and the second is stress or least favorite part of home brewing. I like the topic and unlike normal I can pretty easily answer this.

What is my favorite part of the brew day? I would have to say adding the hops. I love how the smell permeates the whole house. My wife on the other hand doesn't agree but oh well you can't win them all. Every addition adds more aroma to fill the kitchen. I can't think of anything that brings me more joy (except of course drinking that beer a few week later.)

Now on to part 2! What is my least favorite part of the brew day? This one is even easier then the favorite part. It brings me sorrow to have to clean up. I wish I could just leave everything spread throughout the kitchen and go take a nap. This is even more a pain on bottling day but that's a topic for a different day. You have to scrub the brew pot, clean up any boil overs, and put everything away. I am lazy. I don't want to have to clean. I need an associate brewer. Should a brewmaster clean his own equipment. I think not ;-) but this isn't going to change anytime soon. Oh well what are you going to do.

Thanks again to Ted for hosting this months fermentation Friday and thanks to Adam at Beer Bits 2 for starting this fun and educational monthly event!!

No comments: