Monday, May 25, 2009

Beer Review #36 - Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout

Hi All,

How is every doing this Memorial Day? I wanted a beer so I went in to the beer fridge reached in and this is what came out. Lets hope it's good! This may be a rather interesting beer.

Pour - The BB Blueberry Stout pours a dark brown with hints or amber and purple (This may be psychological based on the name.) There is was little to no head with no lacing on the glass.

Aroma - The BB Blueberry Stout has a distinct blueberry aroma. I don't get much else.

Taste - The BB Blueberry Stout has hints of blueberry and all the other notes usually associated with a stout. There are hints of roasted coffee, chocolate, and light hop bitterness.

Mouthfeel - The BB Blueberry Stout has a medium body and light carbonation.

Drinkabilty - The BB Blueberry Stout is very drinkable. I think the blueberry works very well in this light stout.

I wasn't expecting much out of this beer and I was expecting even less after the really strong blueberry aroma but it turned out to be really nice. I have said it before and I will say it again don't be afraid to pick a beer based on a name it may be good or it maybe bad but it will be an adventure.

See you next time,
GISBREWMASTER

No comments: