Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beer review #34 - Sam Adams Imperial White

Hi All,

I have been reviewing a lot of Sam Adams lately. I don't get a lot of the Sam specialty stuff in Bakersfield so when I hit the Bevmo in SoCal (Valencia) and see it I give it a try.

Pour - The white pours a hazy orange. There wasn't much of a head and what was there dissipated quickly.

Aroma - The white has a nice orange scent with a hint of yeastiness.

Taste - The white has has a very distinctive orange taste with a hit of coriander. If there was more yeast in taste I would think this was a hefeweizen.

Mouthfeel - The white has a nice light mouthfeel with good carbonation.

Drinkabilty - The white is very drinkable which could be a problem at 10.3%. This beer goes down so smoothly that more then one would hit you like a ton of bricks. It is rather difficult to make a high ABV beer that is this refreshing.

I actually wasn't expecting much out of this beer but I was rather impressed. I think I will have to try some other of this series if the opportunity arises.

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: