Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beer Review #33 - Sam Adams Longshot Traditional Bock

Hi All,

Wow another 2 day'er! I decided to have one more tonight and why not review it since I am behind. Well off to the the review!!

Pour - The bock beer pours a nice brown with a hint of amber. There was a really nice head but it dissipated quickly There was a nice lacing left on the glass.

Aroma - The bock doesn't have a lot of aroma but I do get a very small hint of chocolate and bitter coffee.

Taste - The bock has a nice caramel taste with a lot of malty sweetness from the specialty malts.

Mouthfeel - The bock has a light to medium mouthfeel with good carbonation.

Drinkabilty - The bock is very drinkable. It is a nice dark lager that is crisp and refreshing yet has the characteristics of a big malty beer.

This is the second of the Sam Adams Longshot winners beers that I have tried a full sample of and its been my favorite so far. None have been bad but they just seem muted to me. I find it hard to believe that a winning homebrew would be muted. I wonder if Sam's tweaked the recipe a little to save a few bucks.

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: