Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beer Review #32 - A Homebrewed Midwest Porter

Hi all,

Its been a while since my last review as I have been a little busy. I have 2 more in my phone almost ready to go but needs some editing. I also decided to try something different. I have decided to review a homebrew I got from a beer swap. Here is my review for Wayne's Midwest Porter. Sorry you won't have a chance to find this one unless you are lucky enough to know Wayne.

Pour - The MW porter pours a nice brown with very little head.

Aroma - In the MW porter I get nice hints of chocolate, coffee and malty sweetness.

Taste - The MW porters taste is spot on and matches the aroma well. I also like the nice bitterness from the hops.

Mouthfeel - The MW porter has a really nice mouthfeel. Its very light and you can taste the carbonation even if you can't see it. There is enough body to cover the mouth.

Drinkability - The MW porter is very drinkable. This porter would be warming in the winter yet refreshing in the summer. Wayne did a really nice job on this beer.

The only comment I have is it is a little low on carbonation in my opinion. With my limited experience with porters there is usually a good almost almond color head. Wayne said he tries to to carb to style so I am not sure if this is just specific to this bottle or if this is normally how a porter should be carb'ed. Overall I really enjoyed the flavor and aromas and can't wait to try the other ones.

GISBREWMASTER

No comments: