Saturday, April 18, 2009

Beer Review #28 - Cerveza Cucapa Chupaca Bras Pale Ale

Hi all,

Here is post 2 of the weekend I still have plans for at least one more. I wrote a few posts back about a new wine bar that also sells beer called Embibe. Well this afternoon I took the wife to sample some wines while I had a beer. When picking a beer i found something I had never heard of before a Mexican Pale Ale. I didn't know what to expect well here it goes.

Appearance - The cerveza pours a nice golden with hints of red. There is a nice head that dissipates quickly.

Aroma - The aroma my wife (does like beer) says smells like beer. I think it has a nice citrusy and grassy hop profile.

Taste - The taste is very good. I was not expecting much from this beer but it is a very good pale ale. It has great hop bitterness and citrus and pine notes.

Mouthfeel - The beer has a really nice mouthfeel. I think this is due to a good amount of carbonation and hop bitterness.

Drinkability - This is a very good beer. I know that brewing location doesn't matter but I would never have thought this was from Mexico. This has the drinkability of a nice Northwestern IPA.

This beer just goes to show you why I try to drink as many beers as possible. You never know what you are going to get until you pop it open and drink it. So keep trying and enjoying both beer and life!!

No comments: