Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beer Review #26 - Lengthwise Goat Nut

Hi All,

As many of you know I am a new father so any time my wife and I get a chance to go out we try and take it. So last night (Friday the 10th) one of my friends from the hash (running club) is about to go off to Afghanistan for a year so we had a little going away for him at the local brewpub Lengthwise. The Goat Nut isn't a beer its a 50/50 blend of their Triple Hop Red and Harvest Wheat. I haven't had too many blended at the tap beer so lets see how it works.

Appearance - The appearance of the Goat Nut is basically what you think it would be based on the blend. It is a hazy amber color with a nice head. The haze is from the unfiltered Wheat and the amber from the Triple Hop

Aroma - The aroma is rather interesting. It has a light banana smell from the wheat and some nice malt and hop flavors from the Triple Hop Red. I am assuming there is some centennial and cascade hops based on the citrus and pine notes.

Taste - I think the taste of blend works well together. The banana and clove of the wheat work well with hops and malts of the red. If you didn't know it was a blend you would probably think it was designed this way.

Mouthfeel - I really enjoyed the mouth feel of this beer. It had the chewiness of a wheat beer but the crispness of a red ale.

Drinkability - I think it is a very drinkable beer. If you are just going to have one beer this would be it. Its like you don't have to chose you get 2 beers for the price of one.

I really like to try their blends. They have other blends I may review in the future a blond which is a mix of the Golden Ale and the Triple Hop Red and a Snakebite which is a mix of the Kern County Porter and a Pear Cider.

See you next time!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: