Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beer Review #24 - Pike IPA

Hi All,

Today I am reviewing the Pike IPA from the Seattle Brewing Company. I picked this up at the Bevmo in Anaheim a few months back. I wish Bakersfield had a BevMo. So sad!! Well on the the post. Also this is the 24th post that I some how missed but this is actually the 29th beer review so far this year.

Appearance - The Pike IPA pours a nice golden. The head doesn't last but it does leave a nice lacing on the side of the glass.

Aroma - The hop aroma is very citrusy. I get hints of orange, grapefruit and even a little lime.

Taste - The taste is not what I was expecting. With a very powerful aroma I was expecting a big hop blast. There is good bitterness but the flavor is rather muted. It's good but could use a little more flavor hops.

Mouthfeel - The Pike IPA has a nice light body and carbonation helps to send the bitterness and the flavor around the mouth.

Drinkability - This is a good drinkable IPA. Its not a hop bomb but its still good. I think this would be a good beer to start people on the hops. At 6.5% ABV on glass hits the spot but a 22oz would still work.

Next time will be the big 30. Maybe I will try something special we'll see!!

See you next time!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: