Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beer Review #21 - Flying Dog Double Dog Double Pale Ale

Hi All,

Sorry its been about 2 weeks but I have been cutting back slightly on the beer. Except for last Saturday but I drank homebrew. I picked this beer up at a new upscale liquor store in Bakersfield called IMBIBE. They didn't have everything they are planning on having yet but it looks like they have a lot of potential.

Appearance - Pours a golden amber with a late foaming head. Most of the head doesn't last but some does hang around and there is a little lacing.

Aroma - The aroma isn't as pronounced as I was expecting but there is some malt notes and some earthy and pine notes from the hops.

Taste - Wow this beer has flavor. There is good balance between the malt backbone and the hops. The beer also has some really nice bitterness. I get alot of floral notes along with some citrus and pine.

Mouthfeel - This is a really full mouthfeel beer. Every taste coats your mouth with a soft bittering and chewiness.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable in small amounts. It is a very thick mouthfeel beer. Any more then a pint and it might be overwelming. At 11.5% ABV just sip chill and enjoy.

This beer was really good but I don't think I drank it at the right time. I don't feel this is an end of your day sit by the tube beer. Its almost too big and I would have prefered something more light and refreshing.

See you next time!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: