Sunday, March 22, 2009

Beer Review #20 - Kern River Brewing Class V Stout aged in a Bourbon Barrel

Hi All,

This is my first review of a beer at a local brew pub. I went in like I normally do and got a sampler and then I asked if there was anything special I hadn't tried. The bar tender poured me a Class V Stout aged in a Bourbon Barrel and here is its review.

Appearance - Pours a really dark brown with a slight amber hue. The is a light head that lasts a while with good lacing.

Aroma - The aroma as a strong bourbon and roasted coffee. There is also some chocolate notes in the background.

Taste - The taste has a good combination of bourbon,chocolate and coffee. This is a really well balanced beer

Mouthfeel - This beer has a great moutfeel. The bourbon and the coffee coat your mouth giving a nice long lasting flavor.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable in small amounts. I know I have said this before but this would be an awesome cold weather chill by the fire beer.

This beer was really nice and brings on a good tip. If you ever end up at a brew pub and you have tried all the beers ask the bar keep if there is anything special they are hiding a lot of times they will hook you up with a glass and it may be some of there best stuff. I love brewery experiments.

See you next time!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: