Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beer Review #18 - Franziskaner Weissbier

Hi All,

Welcome to the 18th beer review of the year. This one should be rather interesting. I found it in my beer fridge de-labled. Which means I have no idea how old it is but I think its either 1 or 2 years old based on the last time we went camping with our german beer drinking friends. Good thing it had a meaningful cap.

Pours - a nice hazy golden color with a nicely forming head. The head lasted for a few minutes but left no lacing.

Aroma - There is a slight skunkiness to the nose but I also get some citrus and sour notes.

Taste - In the taste there is also a hint of skunk but you can also taste some hints of banana,sour and wheat.

Mouthfeel - This beer has a nice mouthfeel. There is almost a chewiness to it.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable. This is a classic German wheat beer. It is nice and refreshing and would be a good spring/summer beer.

I love it when you find a beer that obviously was in a cooler at one point and some how made it home from a camping trip, sporting event, or where ever else you may drink beer. I have had times where it was absolutely nasty and times like this where it was a really nice surprise. So if you ever find that beer hidden away what do you do with it? Leave me a comment and let me know!!

GISBREWMASTER,
Matt C.

No comments: