Saturday, March 7, 2009

Beer Review #17 - Powder Hound Winter Ale

Hi All,

I hope to be back to my bi-weekly reviews this week. I was a little under the weather for most of the week. Enjoy the review!!

Appearance - Pours a nice light brownish amber with a nice lasting foamy head. The foam coats the sides and leave a nice lacing on the side.

Aroma - I actually don't get much aroma in this. If you really take a good wiff you can get a very small hint of chocolate and caramel.

Taste - Again from a taste stand point everything is rather muted. I get some of the malt characteristics and some hop characteristics. This is a very balanced beer but I am nothing really sticks out in the taste.

Mouthfeel - This beer has a good mouth feel. The beer flavor lingers in your mouth and there is a good coating of the mouth.

Drinkability - This a very drinkable beer. I feel that the masses would really enjoy it. All of the parts are very well balanced.

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: