Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beer Review #14 - Port Brewing Wipeout IPA

Hi all,

Welcome to beer review 14. I headed down to visit the big rat (Mickey) with my mom and niece and was able to hit the Bevmo. I picked up 7 different beers that I will be reviewing over the next year. On to the review.

Appearance - This beer pours a hazy gold color. It had good head and head retention.

Aroma - This beer has a great floral, grassy and fruity citrus aroma.

Taste - This beer has great bitterness. With 5 different hops in the mix all of them them come though in the taste giving it a good balance of bitterness and flavor. Also I believe this beer was bottle condition so I got a little yeastyness.

Mouthfeel - This beer has a great mouthfeel. The bitterness and the hops coat your mouth through out the whole swallow.

Drinkablility - I feel that this is a prototypical West Coast IPA. Since this is my favorite
style I feel it is really drinkable. I shared the 22 with my wife but I easily could have finished it myself.

I live in Bakersfield,CA and the only thing I feel is missing is a good beer store. Luckily for me I am able to go good beer locations like LA, San Diego, San Fransisco, and Sacramento pretty frequently to bring back beers I am unable to find in Bakersfield. Don't get my wrong I can get a lot of good beers here but its usually the nationally produced west cost stuff not the regional distributions.

See you all again later in the week. There should be 3 more posts this week. 2 Fermentation Friday posts and atleast 1 review.

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: