Monday, February 16, 2009

Beer Review # 13 - Speakeasy Double Daddy Imperial IPA

Hi All,

Welcome to beer review 13 Speakeasy Double Daddy Imperial IPA out of San Fransisco, CA. I can already tell this is going to be a beauty. Its an unlucky number and the the glass or bottle didn't shatter. Sweet!! Off to the tasting.

Appearance - This beer pours a beautiful golden/copper color with a decent lasting head. As the head dissipates it leaves a nice lacing down the side of the glass.

Aroma - This beer has an amazing hop aroma. I can get some notes of grass, citrus, and other floral characters.

Taste - This beer has a perfect bitterness for an IIPA. The bitterness is tasted through out the tasting of the beer. There is also notes of citrus and grass. I really like how the dry the beer finishes.

Mouthfeel - This beer has a good mouthfeel. I really enjoy beers where the hops and the malt coat your mouth through out the whole taste.

Drinkability - This beer is a perfect example of a IIPA. Nicely hopped and well balanced. At 9.5% ABV a pint of this would be nice drinking for a whole evening.

I got this beer at a liquor store called Tops in Tempe,AZ. I love place where you can make your own 5 packs with out a markup. I made 2 -6 packs of 12 different beers for under $20. Can't go wrong with that.

See you all next later in the week.

GISBREWMASTER,
Matt C.

No comments: