Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beer Review #12 - Lagunitas Cappucino Stout

Hi,

I wanted to review this a few weeks ago but I lost it. Now it is found and now it can be enjoyed.

Appearance -This beer pours a dark brown almost black. It poured with a head but it dissipated rather quickly.

Aroma - This beer has a nice roasty coffee scent with hints of chocolate and some malty sweetness.

Taste - This beer has a really nice flavor. I get a nice bitterness with hints of milk, chocolate, and coffee. I can see how calling it a cappucino stout would be very accurate.

Mouthfeel - This beer has a good mouthfeel. Its not too heavy and its not to light. The beer coats your mouth and leaves a bitter coffee aftertaste.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable at 8.3% ABV a 22oz is about all I could do at a sitting. I would prefer a 12oz and a good hour to sip and enjoy.

This is a limited release beer and I am glad I tried it. So if you are out and about and see anything that is in limited production give it a try it may be great or horrible but its always worth a try.

See you next time!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: