Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beer Review #11 - Brewery Ommegang Rare Vos

Hi,

When I lived in NY almost 10 years ago I wasn't really into good beer. It was yellow fizzy all the way except for the occasional Saranac and Yuengling. Well now that I am into beer and since I went to the GABF I have gotten to try a little of what NY has to offer. I had my mom bring me some great beers from Brewery Ommegang. The first of these 4 beers is Rare Vos.

Appearance -This beer pours an orangish/redish color with a nice long lasting head. There isn't much of a lacing on the glass but the head still lingers but doesn't sit.

Aroma - This beer has a great fruity aroma. I get some some orange and some spice notes. I really like the fresh fruit forwardness of this beer.

Taste - This beer has a really nice flavor I can taste the orange, banana and the spice. This is a very light belgian style along the lines a Saison.

Mouthfeel - This beer has a great mouth feel. It is has some chewiness and some lasting spicyness

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable and at 6.5% ABV I could easily finish 755lm bottle and still feel good but not overly intoxicated. Even though I was able to share it with a few friends

Next time I get back to NY to see my mom I will definatly have to hit some of what NY has to offer in person.

See you next time!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: