Saturday, February 7, 2009

Beer Review #10 - 8 Ball Stout

Hi All,

The beer I am reviewing today is 8 Ball Stout from Lost Coast Brewing Company in Eureka,CA. I am not a big stout guy but I am trying to discover why that is the case. I am a coffee drinker and I like chocolate so I am not sure why I am not a stout fan. I am not saying that I dislike like stouts but its normally not my first choice when I choose a beer. Well lets see how I like this one.

Appearance -This beer pours a dark dark brown almost black. There was a small head but it dissipated quickly.

Smell - This beer has a dark roasty coffee nose.

Taste - This beer taste a lot like it smells. It has a great roasted coffee taste but you can taste the bitterness of the hops.

Mouthfeel - I am really enjoying the mouth feel of this beer. Its almost as if I am drinking an ice coffee without the cream and sugar. The beer covers your whole mouth and and goes down really smoothly.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable. Its one of the better stouts that I have tried. I probably could drink 2 in a sitting but not much more. Its medium body is perfect for a beer.

This beer is the reason why I keep trying stouts and porters. I am bound to keep finding gems in this style of beer the more I try them. Also as you drink beer the more your palate changes and different style become more appealing.

See you next time,
GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

No comments: