Friday, January 23, 2009

Beer Review #6 - St. Pauli Girl Lager

Hi all,

I am caught up so far after this post. 3 weeks in 2009 6 beers. Yeah for me!!

Appearance -This beer pours a very light yellow with a quick disapearing head and little tiny bubbles of carbonation.

Smell - This beer smells a little skunky but that may be due to being left in the garage for a few weeks with vastly changing temperatures. Other then that it smells like a German lager.

Taste - The taste of this beer is very crisp and flavorful but like the scent I can taste a little skunk, not to much but its there. I am not a huge fan of light lagers but this is a decent beer if you want something crisp and refreshing.

Mouthfeel - I feel this beer's mouthfeel is typical of a light lager. It is very light and refreshing and goes down smooth.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable and you can drink more then one. I personally won't buy the American yellow fizzy water but I would by this for people coming to my house who normally do. This is a very nice drinkable beer if you want something nice and crisp.

My only question is are the German beer makers afraid of brown bottles. It seems a majority of available european beers come in green bottles. I am not a big fan of skunk and long term storage in green bottles isn't the greatest idea. Just my thoughts!!


Talk to you later!!
GISBREWMASTER

No comments: