Thursday, January 8, 2009

Beer Review #2 - Sierra Nevada 12th Harvest Ale

Hi All,

Here is my 2nd review of the year. So far I am on slightly behind schedule but I had a cold and didn't feel I could get a good review. Don't worry there is alot or year left and I plan to catch up.

Color - The color of this beer is a perfect golden amber.

Smell (nose) - This beer as a great fresh smell. You can smell the hops, grassiness and some nice citrus tones.

Taste - This beer has a very fresh taste. It has good bitterness but it is not overly so. The citrus and grassy notes come through very nicely.

Body - This beer has a good mouth feel but isn't overly heavy. Since they only come in 22oz one bottle would probably satisfy you very nicely for an evening.

Drinkability - This beer is very drinkable. Its fresh citrusy tastes makes you want more. Its middle of the road bitterness would go well with a lot of different foods and also by itself. I would highly recommend trying this beer. With hops that are used within 24 hours of being picked you can't get much fresher beer.

Well I hope you enjoyed the 2nd review of my 2009 reviewing goal. Please feel free to let me know if I am doing something worng or should cover and area better.

Talk to you later!!
GISBREWMASTER

No comments: