Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Session #21 - What is your favorite Beer and Why?

Hi all,

Here is my post for the session I am hosting. I hope to have all the post compiled by late Saturday or early Sunday morning so check back. Lets get this party started!!

What is my favorite beer? How do I pick a favorite from so many great beers? Well it was easy because every time I want a beer I wish I had some of it in the fridge. This favorite beer of mine is Anderson Valley(Boonville Beer) Hop Ottin' IPA. I am a self proclaimed hop head. I can't get enough of them but I also like some good balance in my beer and this beer fits the bill. Like the site says its a "Hop lovers Dream".

I think my review will show why I love this beer. If not let me know and I can tell you more. But before I give my totally biased review I will tell you all "I LOVE THIS BEER"!!


ANDERSON VALLEY HOP OTTIN' IPA - REVIEW

Appearance - Golden to red color with a nice medium lasting head. After the head dissipates it leaves a lacing down the side of the glass

Smell - The citrusy/floral hop scent is balanced nicely with the scent of a sweet caramel malt.

Taste - The taste of this beer matches the smell perfectly. The citrusy/floral hop taste is slightly imbalanced towards bitter with enough of a malt background to keep it from being overpowering. I can't think of a taste I would rather have. Almost perfection!!

Mouth Feel - Good amount of carbonation and thickness but light in the mouth with a nice lasting finish.

Drinkability - This is why I love this beer. It is perfectly drinkable. I could never see myself turning one down. It may possibly be the perfect beer for every season. It is light enough to drink in the summer and big enough that you can drink one in front of a warm fire in the winter. If you like hops and get a chance to try this beer then I feel this is one of the few must try beers.

Well I hope you are all able to try this beer I have a feeling you won't be disappointed. Even my wife who normally prefers a non super hoppy beer really enjoyed this beer. Hope you all enjoyed reading about my favorite beer and I can't wait to read about yours and maybe even someday try them.

See you all next month!!

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.


PS - Did I tell you all "I LOVE THIS BEER"!! If I didn't then you know now. ;-)

5 comments:

Mario (Brewed for Thought) said...

Nice choice. Here's mine:

http://www.brewedforthought.com/?p=743

Rob said...

Hi Matt,

Here's my post. Thanks for hosting, and for giving us all such a brutal question.

Alan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alan said...

Ooops - here it is: http://beerblog.genx40.com/archive/2008/november/session21whatis

beckel said...

Thanks for the good topic, sorry for the late post. Heres a link to my post