Saturday, October 4, 2008

Announcing Session #21: Favorite Beer and Beer Judge Wanna Be!


Hi all,



I will be hosting next months blogging event "The Session #21" on Friday, November 7, 2008. The Session is a monthly blogging event where beer fans from all over the world blog about a specific topic on the first Friday of the month. The Session was started by Stan Hieronymus at Appellation Beer. For a great overview of past topics please see the Brookston Beer Bulletin or Beer Haiku Daily.

When looking at the past topics I felt that they were all a little to easy. They weren't loaded enough for me. No one has asked the the one question that I am guessing all of you have heard. This question has probably come from friends, family, stangers from the bar, etc everytime you bring up you are really into beer.

That question is: What is your favorite Beer and Why?

Before you say I don't have a favorite beer or how do I pick just one. I say BS everyone has a favorite. There will always be a beer that you would grab above all others, your go to beer per say. The one beer you will almost always choose over the others. When I get asked that question I almost always say I don't have one but then when I came up with this topic I realized I did and I know you do too.

I would like to take this topic one step farther for purely selfish reasons. I am trying to do better reviews on beers that I drink and I would like to see how other rate and review their beers. So put on your BJCP hat and Review and Rate your Favorite Beer.

In Review:

Date - Nov 7th 2008

Topic - What is your favorite Beer and Why?

Extra Requirement - Review your favorite beer!

I am already looking forward to reading all your post and maybe even tasting your favorite beer. As usual to partake in the event you can email me at gisbrewmaster(at)gmail(.)com or post a comment. See you next month!!

9 comments:

THOMAS 'Tom' CIZAUSKAS said...

Session #21: Your Favorite Beer at Yours For Good Fermentables. (Hint: real ale).

David said...

My Session #21 post is up at Musings Over A Pint.

Mark said...

My Session #21 is posted at www.pencilandspoon.blogspot.com. Good question this month!

Chipper Dave said...

I've posted my Session #21 response over at Fermentedly Challenged. This one was tough to answer. Thanks for making me think. Good topic.

sonnett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sonnett said...

Session #21: Your favorite beer at

Sonnett Beers

chuggnutt said...

My Session post over on The Brew Site is up. Thanks for hosting!

- Jon @ The Brew Site

J said...

Thanks for hosting. My Session post is up at the Brookston Beer Bulletin.

mjillie said...

http://ciceronito.wordpress.com/2008/11/13/high-tide-fresh-hop-ipa-by-port-brewing/

My only ten rating so far... It's the fresh hoppy goodness.