Friday, September 26, 2008

Fermentation Friday - Indigenous Brewing Ingredient

Hi All,

Welcome to my post for this months fermentation Friday. This months topic is "What indigenous brewing ingredient have you used or would you like to brew with and what style would that beer be?" I would like to thank Marcus at Final Gravity for hosting this month.

Ok I am not going to lie. I have no idea what to write about so this is going to be a short and sweet post. I have have only lived in Bakersfield,CA for 2.5 years so I am not really up on local ingredients that are unique. I have always wanted to ferment a mead so a few months ago I bought some local orange blossom honey. I still haven't made mead but I will get to it. I am also contemplating going to the apple farms about 45 minutes away an making an apple cider beer or hard cider. This post has got me thinking about asking some locals if there is any special local fruit or spice that would be good in beer. I do live near the desert. Has anyone tried cactus beer?

Thanks again to Marcus for hosting this month. I am looking forward to reading all the replies for some new ideas.

Talk to you next month,

GISBREWMASTER
Matt C.

1 comment:

BT said...

Hello,

My name is Brian Tokarik and I work at MicroMatic.com. We just launched a new Beer Social Network. Your blogs are great and it would be great to have you join and syndicate your blogs on the network.

http://kegerator-social-network.micromatic.com/

Our goal is to connect the worlds' beer drinkers, distributors, home brewers, micro breweries and everyone else who loves beer like we do.